Why is Ubud The Heart And Soul of Bali
The place that pumps life in the island of Gods with its undefining beauty, Ubud is carefully crafted by God. The green terraces of paddy surrounded by the mountain ranges, the white sand glittering under blue skies, the culture and history blending together, the vibrant nightlife, beautiful sceneries of sunset and sunrise and a sense of tranquility that gives the peace of mind. Ubud can easily be called the heart and soul of Bali. Here is why.
1. The UNESCO’s Rice FieldsThe green rice terrace of Ubud truly defines the beauty of this place. You can take a walk amidst the marvellous vistas of the paddy fields or pick up a bike for a refreshing ride. Ubud’s rice fields are also listed in the UNESCO’s world heritage sites and reflect the core culture of Balinese people.Tegalalang rice terraces are amongst the most famous paddy fields of Ubud. They are popular not only for their fresh lush green gardens of the crop but their irrigation system is what sets them apart and takes it to the list of UNESCO world heritage site. You can take a day tour around the terrace gardens surrounded by the hills of Bali mountain ranges and marvel the beautiful sunset. There are several cafes and eating joint around the gardens for you to enjoy a good Indonesian meal.
2. Take a TourBrimming with the natural beauty and marvelous vistas, Ubud offers a lot of places to its visitors to captivate everyone with its beauty. Once you have gone through the rice fields, wait, there is more. You can take a tour to the cultivation land of the most expensive coffee of the world. Yes, you can see how the famous Kopi Luwak is cultivated.After that, there is the monkey forest where you can befriend the mischievous but equally friendly animals of the island. The natural reserve which is also a Hindu temple complex is one of the popular touristic sites of Ubud. You can see the blend of nature, culture and religious value all at one place.
3. The Unrevealed BeautiesUbud will surprise you with its natural beauty that is hidden in every nook and corner of the region. Escape in the dense and green woods of Tegenungan forest filled with a number of trees and reptiles and birds. To hear them chirping will put your soul to peace. While strolling in the jungle, it is no surprise to end up in a complete unexplored place with a hidden waterfall or something. Tagenungan has a number of water cascades in its premise which you can explore while trekking.
4. The History and Architecture Unfolds HereThe home to a number of Hindu temples which are not only a sacred place but truly an architectural wonder to behold. The famous Goa Gajah or the elephant caves which can be dated back to 9th century are the historical treasure for the island. It is one of the holiest Hindu sites in Bali and the intriguing details carved on the rock are something to praise.You can also visit the famous Pura Taman Saraswati temple in Ubud which is located in the middle of an artificial lake with lotus blooming all over. Lotus are the main attraction of the temple as is the authentic architecture of the temple. You can also enjoy the Balinese Barong oRangda dance performance which takes place in the temple complex to show the glimpse of the Bali’s culture.
5. The Great Shopping ExperienceUbud is well known among the tourists for shopping. This is the right place to take away souvenirs for all your friends and family. The street markets are vibrant and are filled with different kinds of shops and stores that will give you everything you are looking for. The handmade artifacts and handicrafts are the main attraction of the market. The nearby Celuk village is famous for its goldsmiths and silversmiths where you can find local people carving beautiful antique silver jewellery. You can also find the jewellery in the market.
6. Spot the Birds and ReptilesUbud with its rich flora is home to a variety of species or birds and reptiles that you can spot nowhere else but in the dense woods of Ubud. For the birds and reptile show, the best place in Ubud is the Bali Bird and Reptile Park, located in the village of Batubulan, Gianyar Regency. This tropical garden spread over an area of 2 hectares offers the sight of over one thousand exotic species of birds and reptiles. You can take a tour around the well-manicured and well-maintained gardens of the park whilst you adore the exquisite wildlife of Ubud.
7. Experience the NightlifeThe history, the nature, the shopping but once the dusk unfolds only thing that represents a place is its nightlife. Ubud lacks nowhere here when it comes to lively lifestyle. Be it a beach shack, a moonlit or a clubbing experience at the bars in Ubud, it has all. Not just that Ubud is also famous for its night market and the night food market famous for its handicrafts and delicious food that they serve throughout the night. Talking about nightclubs, Ubud is a home to few of the most prominent bars and clubs of Bali, some of them overlooking the beach and the infinite sea. Laughing Buddha Bar, Bar Luna, Shisha Lounge, CP Lounge famous for their clubbing experience. Laka lake garden restaurant is a beachside restaurant and bar famous for its ambiance. You can also visit the Ubud Royal Palace if you are looking for something above the clubbing, at the palace you can enjoy the traditional dance performances by the trained artists of Bali.
Sometimes, it takes more than a Facebook photo album to show that traveling to places is the ultimate love of your life. Here are few tatto... know more