Call out to all the adventure seekers!! This 9 Nights / 10 days Ladakh Bike Road Trip from Srinagar to Manali covers all the major locations including Dal Lake, Sonmarg, Kargil, Leh, Nubra Valley, Pangong, etc. and you get to ride through some of the highest passes in the world including Zojila, Khardungla, Changla Rohtang, etc.
Departure Dates - 10th June / 29th June / 18th July / 6th Aug / 25th Aug
Pay just INR 7500 to secure your seat in the departure!
date_range 9 Nights / 10 Days
Day 1: Arrive at Srinagar
Arrive at Srinagar airport from where you’ll be transferred to houseboat in private vehicle. Check-in at the houseboat and have some rest. In the evening, you can go for Shikara ride at the Lake (on your own). The beauty is perfect to soak in the natural aura, perfectly merged with the happy chatter and hustle bustle of local life, while you are gently swayed by the colorful Shikaras. Return to houseboat for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Srinagar - Sonamarg - Kargil (6-7 hrs. drive)
Check out after breakfast and we’ll start our journey towards Kargil. Enroute you will come across the beautiful green valleys of Kashmir which would transform into the dead cold desert of Ladakh region. Cross the Baltal and Zojila Pass to the small village of Ghumri followed by the coldest inhabited place in India - Drass village. Reach Kargil in the afternoon where you can visit the famous Kargil War Memorial. Check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Kargil to Leh via Lamayuru (6-7 hrs. Journey)
Wake up lazy morning. Check-out after breakfast and we’ll continue our journey towards Leh. Enroute you can visit Mulbekh Monastery - it consists of two gompas, one Drukpa and another Gelugpa Buddhist monastery. After crossing the Fotu La (pass), we’ll reach Lamayuru - Ladakh’s oldest monastery and is set in surreal surrounding also known as the Moonland, because of its topography. Now continue our journey towards Leh. The drive further is one of the most spectacular journeys you will have. From the mountains formed by amalgamation of various types and textures of rocks to the dazzling Zanskar Valley, accompanying you all along the journey the white snow clad peaks, this route gives you an absolute picturesque landscape. Enroute visit the famous Pathar Sahab Gurudwara, Magnetic Hill, and Confluence point (Sangam). Reach Leh in the evening, check in the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Leh – Enroute Khardungla – Nubra Valley (5-6 hrs. Journey)
In the morning after breakfast, brace yourself for the splendid drive over the mighty Khardung La – one of the highest motorable Pass in the world at the height of 5602 M / 18,380 ft. Over the route, the road dramatically plunges, and Shyok and Nubra Rivers unfold magically. You move on via Diskit to reach the white sands of Hunder. Spend some time on the white sand dunes here; do a ride on the Double Humped Bactrian Camels if you want to (on your own). Visit the Diskit monastery, which is believed to be the largest and oldest monastery in Nubra valley, and enjoy the sunset. Dinner and overnight stay in Nubra.
For more info, kindly visit the following link - https://shoesonloose.com/khardung-la-pass-2nd-highest-motorable-road-in-the-world/
Day 5: Nubra to Pangong Tso via Shyok / Warila (5-6 hrs. Journey)
Post breakfast, we’ll continue our journey towards Pangong Tso via Warila / Shyok village. Enroute explore the mound of earthen monastic dwellings, crowned by the Gompa. The valley is blessed with a beautiful stream flowing through it, originating from the lake, giving a greenish tincture to the otherwise dry landscape around. Apart from flora this area is rich in fauna too. You can see a lot of Himalayan Marmots around the area. However, the main attraction of this circuit is the grand Pangong Tso, which you would reach by early evening. The mesmerizing beauty and the fantastic view of Tso places it a league above anything you have seen so far. Dinner and overnight stay near Pangong.
Day 6: Pangong Tso to Leh via Changla Pass (5-6 hrs. Journey)
After breakfast and some leisure, drive your way back to Leh. Enroute we’ll visit the Sindhu Ghat and Thiksey monastery followed by Shey Palace and Druk White Lotus Rancho School. Reach Leh in the evening where you can venture out to the city market for a casual stroll (No transport will be Provided for market). In evening, return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 7: Visit Matho Village - Explore with the locals
Wake up lazy morning. Post breakfast and some leisure, we'll head to visit the local village Matho where you'll get to interact with locals, know their culture, experience unmatched hospitality and enjoy local food at the home. Return to Leh in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 8: Leh - Sarchu (9-10 hrs. Journey)
Wake up early in the morning. Check-out after breakfast and bid the Ladakh region goodbye. We’ll start our journey towards Leh - Manali highway and head to Sarchu. Enroute visit the Tanglang La, Morey Plains, Gata Loops, Suraj Tal, Lahchungla, etc. Reach Sarchu late in the evening. Check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 9: Sarchu - Manali (6-7 hrs. Journey)
Check-out after breakfast and start your journey to Manali via Baralacha and Rohtang pass. Reach Manali in the evening and check in at the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay in Manali.
Day 10: Back To Home
Wake up lazy morning. Check out the hotel after breakfast and continue your journey back to home. You can board the Volvo back to Delhi or cab to Chandigarh (nearest airport) which can be included at additional charges if you'd like. End of trip.
* Accommodation for 9 nights in properties and room categories specified in the itinerary. All rooms / camps on double / triple sharing basis at all locations depending on group size.
* Meals: 9 Buffet Breakfast and 9 Buffet Dinner - veg only at all the locations.
* Srinagar airport pick-up included.
* Bike - 500cc Royal Enfield as per the itinerary from Day 2 to Day 9 (1 Bike per 2 adults)
* Fuel as per itinerary (leisure bike ride other than itinerary will be chargeable extra)
* Helmet for the Rider and Pillion
* 1 Tour captain with bike
* Back up vehicle to carry luggage (depending on the group size) on sharing basis. Includes driver’s expenses, parking & toll charges, and road taxes.
* 1 Bike Mechanic throughout the journey. His stay and meals are included in the package.
* Inner Line Permit for Nubra valley and Pangong
* Permit for Rohtang Pass
* Wildlife and environmental fee in Leh
* Basic spares and a mechanic available throughout the journey (any damage/change of spares will be chargeable extra - you need to pay directly)
* Oxygen Cylinder in backup vehicle for Nubra and Pangong.
* First aid Box in backup vehicle for any emergency.
* All applicable taxes
* Note - package price is valid for group of min. 12 adults traveling together.
Price Plan (Cost per person) -
- 1 RE 500cc Bike with 2 Riders on double sharing - INR 39,000 only
- 1 RE 500cc Bike with 1 Rider on double sharing - INR 46,000 only
- 1 RE 500cc Bike with 1 Rider on single occupancy - INR 51,000 only
- 2 RE 500cc Bike with 3 Riders on triple sharing - INR 41,000 only
- 3 RE 500cc Bike with 3 Riders on triple sharing - INR 45,000 only
- 1 RE Himalayan with 2 Riders on double sharing - INR 42,000 only
- 1 RE Himalayan with 1 Rider on single occupancy - INR 55,000 only
- 2 RE Himalayan with 3 Riders on triple sharing - INR 43,000 only
- 3 RE Himalayan with 3 Riders on triple sharing - INR 51,000 only
* Entry fee to monuments, monasteries, parks, etc.
* Medical expenses
* Personal tips, gratuities, laundry, etc.
* Any kind of recreational / adventure activity not mentioned in Inclusions
* Travel insurance (recommended)
* Anything not specifically mentioned in Cost Includes.
* Meal plan: Lunch
* English Speaking Driver
* Camel ride and ATV ride charges in Nubra
* Rafting charges in Leh
* Rider will bear any damage to the bike without any further escalation
* Security deposit per bike - INR 10,000 only (will be refunded when you return the bike in same condition on last day)
* Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the program, any extra running will be charges extra.
* Any Change in plan and extra cost due to unforeseen conditions like landslides, roadblocks, curfew, Political Disturbance, etc.
Things we recommend for the bike trip (not included in the package cost) -
* Pair of knee and elbow guards
* Riding Pants (optional)
* Hydration bag
* Riding Shoes or Gumboots (do not wear daily shoes as they are bound to get wet on the route)
* Gloves - waterproof and with grips
* Balaclava (optional)
* Riding Jacket (optional)
* The above will be available on rent (in Manali) OR you can also purchase in advance if you want to.
Terms and Conditions -
* All bike keys will be collected by our team leader every day after check-in and will be provided to you after check-out next day.
* If you ride on leisure, it will be chargeable extra at INR 150 minimum for 2 KMs
* We'll provide similar hotels in case of non-availability in the hotels mentioned in the itinerary.
* Tour Captain is authorized the to change the program on the spot in case of any problem
* In case the road is closed to Khardung La or Nubra to Pangong then transfers for Leh - Khardung La - Nubra - Pangong - Leh circuit will be done in Tempo Traveler / SUV at no extra cost.
Hi Meenakshi, Kudos to ur entire SOL team for planning a memorable trip for us. Despite the fact that there was curfew in Srinagar, u guys have ensured our safety as top priority and managed it very well.Hotels were very good and clean. I would like to thank you for ur continuous interaction with us before & through out the trip. Overall experience was very good.
Thank you team for arranging everything soo well even in the remote areas.. And always responding for the calls throughput our trip.. Special thanks to meenakshi and pooja for being so patient and friendly.. We had a lifetime trip..and we really appreciate your efforts..
Hi, Would like to thank you for arranging a nice trip. I would like to add one small suggestion, first two days stay in Hotel Arya is not very great. The Hotel rooms were very cold and hospitality is not so great. Snow leopard was excellent. Javed has organized the trip very well.
SAHIL J PATEL
Was a great trip you where connected with ous each and every time thank you.
My trip to Leh was life time memorable trip... Thnx a ton to Shoes on Loose to make it wonderful... From the time of booking to the end of the trip everything was very well managed and staff is so polite & cooperative... I would strongly recommend everyone to just give them a chance to manage your trip and believe me you will never be disappointed.... Thank you team for everything.... Good Going... Wish you a bright future ahead....I would like to plan my next trip with you only.....
Meenakshi has been extremely cooperative throughout the planning stage of the trip. The properties offered to us were extremely good. All the services including transfers, food, sightseeing was magical. Overall it was a an amazing travelling experience. Cheers to Shoes on Loose team!!
Service was very good. Special thanks for changing the itinerary as per travellers convenience between the tour.
Unforgettable trip.. Thanks shoes on loose for making this ultimate trip....
Very well and managed arrangement by the Shoes on Loose, everything was perfectly planned by our travel Adviser Mr. Sooraj. Over all trip was good except the camp stay at Nubra. The Nubra camp arrangement was not even near to our standard. For future kindly take care of this.
All service good
We are glad to inform that we fully enjoyed your tour plan and will look forward to use your service and will also recommend the same to our friends and relatives .
Awesome trip with best price and best team.