Starting from the low lying Kullu valley to Sarchu and onward to the cold desert in Leh gaining the altitude is the highlight of our 12 nights / 13 days Manali - Leh - Manali Bike Trip. Not to miss the numerous high mountain passes, including Baralacha, Tanglangla, Khardungla, etc. along with some mesmerizing locations such as Morey Plains, Gata Loops, high passes, etc. as you ride through the Himalayas.
Departure Dates (ex-Delhi) - 18th Jun / 7th Jul / 26th Jul / 14th Aug / 2nd Sept
Pay just INR 7500 to secure your seat in the departure!
date_range 12 Nights / 13 Days
Day 1: Delhi - Manali via Volvo (14-15 hrs. Journey)
Board the evening volvo from Delhi and we'll start our journey towards Manali. Overnight journey to Manali.
Day 2: Arrive at Manali - Test ride the bikes
Arrive at Manali volvo stand in the morning from where you'll be transferred to the hotel. Complete the check-in formalities and have some rest. In the afternoon, get ready for your motorbike tour. Start riding the meandering roads of the Kullu Valley with Himalayas on one side and the roaring River Beas on the other. Do not lose yourself in admiring the stunning scenery as the roads are pretty tricky. Enjoy the amazing and exciting experience. Return to hotel in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Manali - Jispa via Rohtang Pass (4-5 hrs. Journey)
On this day, we'll leave the beds early. Start your bike ride by driving on the stunning Rohtang Pass (3798 m). The excitement of driving on this pass lies in the fact that this is an extremely challenging road with hairpin bends. The weather conditions are most of the times uncertain too. Drive via Lahaul valley, nestled amid snow-clad peaks. Arrive at Jispa early in the evening. You are requested to take rest for high altitude acclimatization. Overnight stay in Jispa.
Day 4: Jispa - Sarchu (3-4 hrs. Journey)
The day is going to be equally amazing. Start your bike journey to Sarchu , the next beautiful destination. As you drive past Jispa, you enter the Greater Himalayan landscape. Treat your eyes to the wonderful views as you are driving on Baralachha Pass (5000 m). As you ride through Baralachha Pass, hovering over the high mountain passes has just begun. Continue your ride till you reach Sarchu, a village that forms the border line between Himachal and Leh. Arrive at the Sarchu camp. The rest of the day is at leisure. Make sure that you consume a lot of fluids. Dinner and overnight stay in Sarchu.
Day 5: Sarchu - Leh (8-9 hrs. Journey)
The journey today is going to be a challenging as we are going to ride via flat lands and entering into mountainous range horizon. Enroute enjoy the mesmerizing view of Lahchungla, Morey Plains, etc. followed by Tanglang-La Pass (5300 m). Reach Leh in the evening and enjoy the breathtaking beauty around. Check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6: Excursion in Sham valley - Local sight-seeing in Leh
Wake up lazy morning. Post breakfast and some leisure, we’ll head towards Leh - Srinagar highway. The drive further is one of the most spectacular journeys you will have. From the mountains formed by amalgamation of various types and textures of rocks to the dazzling Zanskar Valley accompanying you all along the journey, this route gives you an absolute picturesque landscape. Enroute, we’ll visit the famous Pathar Sahib Gurudwara, Magnetic Hill, Confluence point (Sangam), and Hall of Fame. Return to Leh in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
*Optional - White Water River Rafting in Zanskar River (from Phey to Nimmo) - can be arranged if you want to (charges need to be paid on the spot).
Day 7: Leh – Enroute Khardungla – Nubra Valley (5-6 hrs. Journey)
In the morning after breakfast, brace yourself for the splendid drive over the mighty Khardung La – one of the highest motorable Pass in the world at the height of 5602 M / 18,380 ft. Over the route, the road dramatically plunges, and Shyok and Nubra Rivers unfold magically. You move on via Diskit to reach the white sands of Hunder. Spend some time on the white sand dunes here; do a ride on the Double Humped Bactrian Camels if you want to (on your own). Visit the Diskit monastery, which is believed to be the largest and oldest monastery in Nubra valley, and enjoy the sunset. Return to camps in the evening where bonfire and tea-snacks would be arranged for. Dinner and overnight stay in Nubra.
Day 8: Nubra - Pangong Tso via Shyok / Warila (7-8 hrs. Journey)
Post breakfast, we’ll continue our journey towards Pangong Tso via Warila / Shyok village. Enroute explore the mound of earthen monastic dwellings, crowned by the Gompa. The valley is blessed with a beautiful stream flowing through it, originating from the lake, giving a greenish tincture to the otherwise dry landscape around. Apart from flora this area is rich in fauna too. You can see a lot of Himalayan Marmots around the area. However, the main attraction of this circuit is the grand Pangong Tso, which you would reach by early evening. The mesmerizing beauty and the fantastic view of Tso places it a league above anything you have seen so far. Dinner and overnight stay near Pangong.
Day 9: Pangong to Leh - Visit Shanti Stupa (5-6 hrs. Journey)
After breakfast and some leisure, drive your way back to Leh. Enroute we’ll visit the Sindhu Ghat and Thiksey monastery followed by Shey Palace and Druk White Lotus Rancho School. Reach Leh in the evening from where we'll head to Shanti Stupa - bask in the peace amidst this hilltop Stupa and revel in the panoramic view of the city. The sunset is the perfect backdrop you wished for. Dinner and overnight stay in Leh.
Day 10: Leh - Sarchu (10-11 hrs. Journey)
Wake up early morning. In morning after breakfast, bid the Ladakh region goodbye and we'll start your journey to Himachal. Enroute enjoy viewing the Deepak Tal, Suraj Tal, Sarchu Lahchungla, Morey Plains, etc. Reach Jispa by evening and enjoy the breathtaking beauty around. Overnight in Jispa.
Day 11: Sarchu - Manali (4-5 hrs. Journey)
Wake up lazy morning. Check-out after breakfast and start your journey towards Manali - cross the ever mesmerizing Rohtang Pass and reach Manali in the afternoon where we'll return the bikes. Check-in at the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 12: Explore Manali and then back to Delhi
Check-out the hotel after breakfast and cab will drop you the mall road - sit out at the old cafes, collect some souvenirs if you want to. In the evening, board the Volvo back to Delhi. Overnight journey to Delhi.
Day 13: Arrive at Delhi
Reach Delhi early in the morning. End of trip.
* Accommodation for 10 nights in properties and room categories specified in the itinerary. All rooms / camps on double / triple sharing basis at all locations depending on group size.
* Meals: 10 Buffet Breakfast and 10 Buffet Dinner - veg only at all the locations.
* Bike - 500cc Royal Enfield as per the itinerary from Day 2 to Day 11 (1 Bike per 2 adults)
* Fuel as per itinerary (leisure bike ride other than itinerary will be chargeable extra)
* Helmet for the Rider and Pillion
* 1 Tour captain with bike
* Back up vehicle to carry luggage (depending on the group size) on sharing basis. Includes driver’s expenses, parking & toll charges, and road taxes.
* 1 Bike Mechanic throughout the journey. His stay and meals are included in the package.
* Inner Line Permit for Nubra valley and Pangong
* Permit for Rohtang Pass
* Wildlife and environmental fee in Leh
* Basic spares and a mechanic available throughout the journey (any damage/change of spares will be chargeable extra - you need to pay directly)
* Oxygen Cylinder in backup vehicle for Nubra and Pangong.
* First aid Box in backup vehicle for any emergency.
* Delhi - Manali - Delhi Volvo tickets
* All applicable taxes
* Note - package price is valid for group of min. 12 adults traveling together.
Price Plan (Cost per person) -
- 1 RE 500cc Bike with 2 Riders on sharing - INR 42,000 only
- 1 RE 500cc Bike with 1 Rider on sharing - INR 51,000 only
- 1 RE 500cc Bike with 1 Rider on single occupancy - INR 56,000 only
- 2 RE 500cc Bike with 3 Rider on triple sharing - INR 44,000 only
- 3 RE 500cc Bike with 3 Riders on triple sharing - INR 50,000 only
- 1 RE Himalayan with 2 Riders on sharing - INR 46,000 only
- 1 RE Himalayan with 1 Rider on single occupancy - INR 62,000 only
- 2 RE Himalayan with 3 Riders on triple sharing - INR 47,000 only
- 2 RE Himalayan with 3 Riders on triple sharing - INR 56,000 only
* Entry fee to monuments, monasteries, parks, etc.
* Medical expenses
* Personal tips, gratuities, laundry, etc.
* Any kind of recreational / adventure activity not mentioned in Inclusions
* Travel insurance (recommended)
* Anything not specifically mentioned in Cost Includes.
* Meal plan: Lunch
* English Speaking Driver
* Camel ride and ATV ride charges in Nubra
* Rafting charges in Leh
* Rider will bear any damage to the bike without any further escalation
* Security deposit per bike - INR 10,000 only (will be refunded when you return the bike in same condition on last day)
* Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the program, any extra running will be charges extra.
* Any Change in plan and extra cost due to unforeseen conditions like landslides, roadblocks, curfew, Political Disturbance, etc.
Things we recommend for the bike trip (not included in the package cost) -
* Pair of knee and elbow guards
* Riding Pants (optional)
* Hydration bag
* Riding Shoes or Gumboots (do not wear daily shoes as they are bound to get wet on the route)
* Gloves - waterproof and with grips
* Balaclava (optional)
* Riding Jacket (optional)
* The above will be available on rent (in Manali) OR you can also purchase in advance if you want to.
Terms and Conditions -
* All bike keys will be collected by our team leader every day after check-in and will be provided to you after check-out next day.
* If you ride on leisure, it will be chargeable extra at INR 150 minimum for 2 KMs
* We'll provide similar hotels in case of non-availability in the hotels mentioned in the itinerary.
* Tour Captain is authorized the to change the program on the spot in case of any problem
* In case the road is closed to Khardung La or Nubra to Pangong then transfers for Leh - Khardung La - Nubra - Pangong - Leh circuit will be done in Tempo Traveler / SUV at no extra cost.
Hi Meenakshi, Kudos to ur entire SOL team for planning a memorable trip for us. Despite the fact that there was curfew in Srinagar, u guys have ensured our safety as top priority and managed it very well.Hotels were very good and clean. I would like to thank you for ur continuous interaction with us before & through out the trip. Overall experience was very good.
My trip to Leh was life time memorable trip... Thnx a ton to Shoes on Loose to make it wonderful... From the time of booking to the end of the trip everything was very well managed and staff is so polite & cooperative... I would strongly recommend everyone to just give them a chance to manage your trip and believe me you will never be disappointed.... Thank you team for everything.... Good Going... Wish you a bright future ahead....I would like to plan my next trip with you only.....
The Tripp was very well organized and the same thing was executed! Our SPOC responded to us without any hesitation when we called them a lot every day! The hotel accommodation (except Manali where the hospitality was average) were very good! Our drivers were very friendly and informative. Overall a very good experience.
Leh ladhak trip was 1 of my bst decision.. and going with shoes on loose travel agency another grt decision. Grt experience, loved the hotels and response by them was outstanding.. infact more than expectations. Special thanks to Miss meenakshi for such an amazing and quick response.
We are glad to inform that we fully enjoyed your tour plan and will look forward to use your service and will also recommend the same to our friends and relatives .
very good service, although we faced some problems regarding hotel booking but after re confirmation everything was sorted ,these guys are very cooperative and provide all services as per the commitments . would surely go for our next trip with them .
We had a great experience at Leh. All the facilities provided were very good. Our driver is very friendly and informative . Thanks to him for helping us to explore the real Ladakh. Special thanks to Meenakshi for arranging everything for us.
Awesome experience...in Leh Ladhak. Superb Accomodation arranged by the shoes on loose. Tranport was available on call with no delays. Also people of Leh are very welcoming, so you will have comfortable experience.
Our driver was really good and even with his limited english he was extremely helpful and very obliging
We thank Shoes on Loose team for this nice arrangements and most importantly at price which is worth every penny. Definitely look forward to book my next trip with you.
Whole trip was exciting!! It was perfectly managed and executed.
Leh and Ladakh are places to visit at least once in a lifetime. it is a place of amazing grace and poetry.....beauty is intimidating and the landscape is rugged. SOL team were amazing and guided us throughout. Sangeeta was amazing in her coordination and communication. KUDOS SOL team of an amazing job.