Kerala is famous for the plethora of beautiful backwaters, jaw-droppingly beautiful beaches, soothing sunsets and welcoming people. Relax in the luxurious houseboats of Arcadia Regency in Alleppey. The spacious rooms of Periyar Meadows Hotel in Thekkady offer you a comfortable stay. Meet the friendly locals while enjoying this tropical paradise. Munnar tea garden tour, Periyar National Park tour are some added features that make Kerala truly a paradise. This 4 nights/ 5 days Kerala Tour package is the ultimate escape to bond with your family.
date_range 4 Nights / 5 Days
Day 1: Arrive at Cochin and head to Munnar (4 – 5 hrs. Journey)
Arrive at Cochin airport in the morning from where we’ll start our journey to Munnar – a beautiful hill station situated 1800 mtr above sea level and also the place of South India’s highest peak (Anamudi - 2695 mtr). Enroute we’ll visit Valara, Cheeyappara waterfalls and Tea Plantations.
On arrival at Munnar, check in at the hotel. After some leisure, we’ll head to visit the Rajamala (Eravikulam National Park - open as per the directions by the forest authorities), the best place to see Nilgiri Tahr (Hermitragus Hilarious) - the mountain goat of South India followed by Tea Museum. Return to hotel in the evening for overnight stay.
Day 2: Local sight-seeing in Munnar
Wake up lazy morning. After breakfast, we’ll proceed for local sightseeing including Maduppatty Dam, Echo Point, Kundalay Dam, Pothenmedu View Point, and Blossom Park etc. In evening, return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Note: Eravikulam National Park is closed during FEB & MAR every year due to breeding period.
Visiting hours –
Ø Eravikulam National Park – 09.00 hrs. -16.00 hrs.
Ø Tea Museum – 10:00hrs. -16:30 hrs.
Ø Mattuppetty Dam – 09:30 hrs. - 15:00 hrs.
Day 3: Head to Thekkady (3-4 hrs. Journey)
After an early breakfast, check out of the hotel and drive to Thekkady. Upon arrival, we’ll proceed for a boat cruise at Periyar Lake in Thekkady (on direct payment basis), which is synonymous with wildlife and nature treks. Later in the evening, visit the theatre (Non air- conditioned) to have a firsthand experience of arts and crafts through the traditional Kalari Show. In evening,wecan either go for an elephant ride (on direct payment basis) or shop around local market area. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
1. Periyar National Park–It is the most important reserve of Southern India for Tigers and Elephants habitation. Rich in flora and fauna, the national park is a feast for all those who love nature and wildlife more than people. Enjoy a walk in the nature bliss which lies untouched by the human disturbances. Look out for the ambush of tigers and herd of elephants playing in the Lake. The principle attraction of the park remains the Periyar Lake, spread in the area of 25sq km surrounding the national park.
2. Elephant ride – When you are at Periyar National Park, a mere sight of the elephant isn't just enough to make your trip worthwhile. Enjoy the elephant ride hitching slowly in his habitat. If you think that's enough the mighty creature will further surprise you with its trunk on your head giving you blessings or you could just enjoy the bath with the elephants in nature's Jacuzzi.
3. Kalari show – Thekkady is full of surprises. When you have had enough of wildlife, it will offer you its culture, rising up your interest again. Kalari or Kalaripayattu is one of the major contributions India has given to the world. Kalari is an ancient form of Martial art which originated in South India and is still a popular art of Kerala. Do not miss this culture coupled with action show, with the stunts that will leave you in awe. Know your history better!
Day 4: Head to Alleppey (3 – 4 hrs. Journey)
Check-out the hotel after breakfast and we’ll continue towards Alleppey. Reach Alleppey in the afternoon and check-in at the Houseboat the boating in backwater and have your meals in the houseboat. Overnight stay in the houseboat.
Day 5: Cochin Drop (1-2 hrs. Journey)
After Breakfast , check out from the houseboat and drive towards Ernakulam Railway Station/Cochin Airport to board the flight.
Meal Plan for Hotel : Breakfast
Airport/ Railway Station Transfers
Parking/Toll/ Driver Bata/ Fuel cost
Candle Light Dinner in Alleppey
Hotels accommodation on 1 double room basis.
Meals: Daily Breakfast
Transfers and sightseeing in an A/C IndiGO as per the itinerary.
Both way transfer from Airport/Railway Station to hotel with same vehicle.
All applicable taxes
- Any F & B other than those served with specified meals
- Entry fee to monuments, museums, forts, parks, etc.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc.
- Any personal Activities (like boating, elephant ride & Jeep safari)
- Personal expenses, tips, gratuities, etc.
- Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, Political closures, technical faults etc.
- Only non AC rooms are provided in Munnar and Thekkady as they are hill Stations.
- Any other service/s not specified under the section, “Cost Includes”.
Had an awesome time in Kerala with my family thanks to SOL :) The hotels at all the locations were great and the itinerary was very well planned. Thanks for the memories of a lifetime :)
Very good trip overall,. I faced no issues anywhere , either with bookings or cab and cab driver ( highly professional, will bring repeat business).....I just wish hotel rooms were slightly of higher quality!!!! Overall superb arrangements
My 1st trip with u & experience is superb good serice & good feedback all your words is true i give u 10/10 Must visit
It was great for me as the package arranged by shoes on loose and they cooperation was admirable and excellent
I was initially a bit hesitant while booking the package with Shoes on Loose. However, i have made up my mind and booked the package with them. The shoes and loose executives were very supportive and helped in all ways to customize the package according to my needs at a very competitive price. The overall experience with Shoes and Loose and the entire packaging is awesome...... Thanks for the memorable trip.... All the best
Jayantilal Maru Vipul Savla
Best services provided very much satisfied
It was indeed a very good experience.
The Club -Munnar was not good with the services and he also miscalculated Rs.100 extra for food while checking out. The food was not good and the Menu was Handwritten and 1 chicken dish. no other options. Periyar Meadows - Thekkady and House Boat Alleppey was Awesome.
Improve hotel service
Suggested excellent properties. Just a bit disappointed with the world backwaters maybe because all other properties where so good.(suggest you to maybe not give that property for 4-5star customers)
Thank you Ms. Tanya for making our tour fabulous and fantastic. Thank you once again for everything.
This was my 2nd booking experience with SOL. As always the itinerary made was upto mark and required no changes. The services by the entire team and regular follow ups were excellent. The package cost and inclusions could not have been better. I wish team SOL all the best for future endeavors. Keep up the good work. Thank you Tanya for all the help and effort you have made to make this a memorable trip. Kudos.