One of world's most spectacular natural wonders is the Aurora Borealis (the Northern Lights), and those visiting Iceland between the months of September and April have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see the stunning light show as shades of green and purple dance across the sky in the beautiful country of Iceland. Now is the best time to experience the northern lights in our specially designed Northern Light Package to Scandinavia for 7 Nights/ 8 Days! Embark on this remarkable journey to Europe and witness the spectacular natural phenomenon of Northern Lights.
date_range 7 Nights / 8 Days
Day 1: Fly from India, arrive at Reykjavík
Transfer from Airport to hotel in Reykjavík city by Premium sedan car.
Check in - Bolholt Apartments - Studio room with functional kitchen.
Split Stay for enhanced living and touring experience - City Park Hotel - double room with breakfast.
Rest if the time free to relax/leisure.
Day 2: City Sightseeing Reykjavik + Northern Lights Tour at Nights
Discover Reykjavik on a Double-Decker open top bus tour and explore the city at your leisure, with the opportunity to hop on and off at conveniently located bus stops. You will have the chance to partake in some whale watching, visit Reykjavik City Museum, the National Gallery and more. You just have to relax and enjoy the panoramic views!
At 7.30 PM Onward - Northern Lights Classic with Audio guide - guided tour in a modern luxury mini/bus including Audio guide on board, Guide, Free Wi-Fi, Map, USB-charger for each seat, camera tripod, astronomical telescope for moon and stargazing.
Experience the majesty of Aurora Borealis in Iceland on this 3-hour Northern Lights tour from Reykjavik. When darkness falls, travel deep into rural Iceland and admire sweeping views over the snowy wilderness. Gaze upward into the skies and keep watch for sightings of the Northern Lights — widely considered among the world’s most fascinating natural attractions. Snap the spectacular light show on camera and hear handy photography tips from your guide.
Day 3: Golden Circle full day guided tourGolden Circle full day guided tour + Evening transfer to Blue Lagoon
Board the minibus where we will make our way out of the city heading to the UNESCO heritage site Thingvellir National Park. A site of great historical, cultural and geological importance it is home to one of the world's first ever parliaments, founded in 930AD. The park sits between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates, this contributes to the stunning beauty of the surrounding area. Going deeper into the country we will make it to the geothermally active hot spring area of Haukadalur, where Strokkur, the still active geyser, sprouts steaming water every 10 minutes up to 30 metres in the air. Further, we will stop by the magnificent Gullfoss Waterfall- translated to Golden falls. On sunny days the mist of the falls form rainbows that add to the splendor and provides it’s famous golden hue. Situated on the Hvítá river, the water drops in two stages of 11 and 21 metres into a 32 metre crevice. This is all fed by the Langjökull glacier, 2nd largest in Iceland.
Later, after return to Reykjavik - coach transfer to the Blue Lagoon in time for a 20:00 / 8 PM entry. Please note that the Blue Lagoon entry is not included and will be required to be ordered far in advance as it is a popular destination.
Day 4: Special Tour - South Coast and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon - Guided full day tour
Journey across landscape of striking contrasts, Getting up close to picturesque waterfalls, Spectacular scenery at Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, Views of Vatnajökull glacier, Europe's largest ice cap
On this tour you will travel along South Iceland's coast on the narrow strip of lush farmland that cuts between mountains, glaciers and the vast Atlantic Ocean. The route is lined with natural treasures including the iconic Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, Skaftafell National Park and Vatnajökull glacier to name but a few.
Skaftafell is a part of Vatnajökull Glacier National Park that stretches over an area of 14.000 square km, or roughly 10 times the size of London. When you think nothing can beat the scenery, Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon opens up before your eyes and takes your breath away. Packed with icebergs in various shades of white and blue the lagoon‘s extraordinary scenery is popular with travelers, photographers and film makers from all over the world. Various bird species can be seen feeding in and around the lagoon and seals are a fairly common sight both at the mouth of the lagoon and at the sea side beach.
Day 5: Explore the city in first half & enjoy afternoon Whale Watching Cruise Tour
Later, around 1 PM - Whale Watching Tour.
Guided tour by Iceland’s largest whale-watching ship. Each year continues to surprise us with the wildlife it offers. Herring and capelin being the main prey available attracting humpback whales, killer whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises to our shores. The winter low lying sun is also something not to be missed, as it casts a warm glow over the white-capped mountains and to breathe in the winters fresh, crisp air is just incredible.
The weather and thus sea conditions can be very challenging during the winter months; we adapt by moving our vessels to harbours of more sheltered areas situated around the Reykjanes peninsula and transport our passengers there free of charge from our base in the Old harbour. Our experience and flexibility allows for a more comfortable and reliable winter whale watching adventure.
Day 6: Relish the Game Of Throne Guided Tour + Northern Lights Tour at Night
Walk in the footsteps of legendary characters from the gripping drama “Game of Thrones”, and soak up the silent majesty of Iceland’s natural beauty – a fitting tribute to the ancient sagas.
Be transported to some of Iceland’s most breath-taking scenery, the backdrop for celebrated scenes from “Game of Thrones”, one of the most successful TV series of all time. Explore the magnificent gorge at Thingvellir, the fabled stomping ground of the White Walkers and bleak path leading north of the Wall. Frozen in the mists of time, the symbolic significance of the setting to the plot will become clearer. Take time at Fákasel Horse Park to get up close and personal with some of the series’ most adored characters, the gentle yet fearless Icelandic ponies.
And stand in awe at Þjórsárdalur and the “Settlement Era Viking Lodge”, site of the great massacre and probably the drama’s most elaborate scene to date. Haunting, barren, and yet shatteringly beautiful, these landscapes fire the imagination.
Later in the evening, Northern Lights Tour - 8 PM onward Join us for a mysterious trip, on a dark winters night. Witness one of nature’s most spectacular displays; the phenomenon which we call the Northern Lights. Get ready to embark on a magical evening, incomparable to that of any journey you’ve been on before. Let your guide lead you to the best spots to see this natural delight.
- Go in search of the magnificent Northern Lights
- Let the expert guide lead the way and help you on your journey
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to witness this natural phenomenon.
Day 7: Optional Tour at supplement cost - Ice Cave Classic with Audio Guide.
Explore the natural environment on, around, and within Langjökull glacier and its man-made ice cave on this full-day experience from Reykjavik. You'll see the surface of the ice cap and what lies below as you're taken deep into the glacier, then choose between seeing the famous Hraunfossar waterfall or relax in the small village of Húsafell. You will be accompanied by a guide, and you can learn more information from personal touch-screen audio guides on board the bus.
Day 8: Check out around 11 AM
Transfer to airport by Shuttle.
End of our services.
- Package/Price Validity – Valid for travel from 1st October until 10th Dec 2019 & from 15th Jan until 20th Mar 2020.
- Flights are ex Delhi , for any other departure point/city – difference in airfare will be added.
- International flights Ex Delhi with full service best airlines in economy class –Lufthansa/similar
- 7 Nights’ accommodation in Reykjavik (Split Stay for enhanced living and touring experience)
- 4 days in Bolholt Apartments - Studio room with functional kitchen or similar
- 3 days in City Park Hotel - double room with breakfast
- Accommodation at best review hotels situated at good locations with easy access to public transport modes for easy commuting to different attractions and sights of the places.
- Including private arrival airport transfer by a chauffeur driven premium sedan car
- Ticket admissions: most of admissions as indicated in the itinerary
- City Sightseeing Reykjavik Hop On-Hop Off - 1day tour pass
- 2 different Northern lights tours with expert guides (1 tour complimentary from us to ensure you have maximum opportunity to witness the magnificent aurora)
- Golden Circle full day guided tour.
- Evening transfer to/from Blue Lagoon From Reykjavik
- Special Offer - South Coast and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon - Guided full day tour
- Whale Watching Tour - Guided tour by Iceland’s largest whale-watching ship
- Game of Thrones Tour - Guided tour in a modern mini/bus
- Optional Tour at supplement cost - Ice Cave Classic with Audio Guide.
- Full day trips as indicated in the itinerary with expert guides and transport as applicable
- Comprehensive tour plan without any hidden charges and many inclusions/arrangements in a much practical & logical manner to give travelers maximum value for money, exploring, comfort and ease in travelling without hassle.
- Optional and Add-On tours unless mentioned otherwise.
- Cost of Visa & Travel insurance valid for the full duration of the tour.
- Airline and Hotel surcharges (if applicable) during high / festive season / trade fairs to be paid extra per person.
- Local City Taxes, Porterage at hotels, apartment, airports and seaports, tips, laundry, wines, mineral water, telephone charges, all items of personal nature as well as food and drinks not forming part of the touring group's menu.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under inclusions.
Shoes on Loose planned the entire trip was superb stress free and as per my requirement. The agents were very supportive. Arrangements from food, cab, accommodation was all taken care off.