Famous for its plethora of beautiful backwaters, jaw- droppingly beautiful beaches, soothing sunsets and welcoming people, Kerala is indeed God’s Own Country. With this amazing 5N/6D Kerala tour package, experience all the shades of Kerala, let it be the charming hills of Munnar or Thekaddy, the serene backwaters of Alleppey or the sunny beaches of Kovalam. Kerala has so much to offer, only we are not able to explore the jewels of the southern state. Take out some time and experience Kerala like never before.
date_range 5 Nights / 6 Days
Day 1: Arrive at Cochin and head to Munnar
Arrive at Cochin airport in the morning from where we’ll start our journey to Munnar – a beautiful hill station situated 1800 mtr above sea level and also the place of South India’s highest peak (Anamudi - 2695 mtr). Enroute we’ll visit Cheeyappara waterfall.
On arrival at Munnar, check into your first stay of the trip, a quaint little eco resort, Bamboo Dale where you'll be staying in a tree house to get more in touch with the Nature. Have dinner, and enjoy a night under the stars.
Day 2: Exploring Munnar
We have an exciting day planned for you today. Head out for your first item on your itinerary - A nature hike in Eravikulam National Park.
Once you have completed your hike, head out for lunch. After your meal, head on to the Tea Museum where you get to know about the history of Munnar's Tea plantations.
Post your Tour to the Tea Museum, check into the lavish side of Kerala. Experience the royal resort, Misty Lake Resort, a 3 star property in Munnar with the state of the art facilities.
Visiting hours –
Ø Eravikulam National Park – 09.00 hrs. -16.00 hrs.
Ø Tea Museum – 10:00hrs. -16:30 hrs.
Day 3: Exploring Thekkady
After an early breakfast, check out of the hotel and drive to Thekkady. Upon arrival, we’ll proceed for a boat cruise at Periyar Lake in Thekkady, which is synonymous with wildlife and nature treks.
Later in the evening, visit the theatre (Non air- conditioned) to have a firsthand experience of arts and crafts through the traditional Kalari Show. In evening, you can go for an elephant ride and shop around local market area. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Today your stay will be at Shalimar Spice Garden, a charming little resort in Thekkady by Amritara group.
1. Periyar National Park–It is the most important reserve of Southern India for Tigers and Elephants habitation. Rich in flora and fauna, the national park is a feast for all those who love nature and wildlife more than people. Enjoy a walk in the nature bliss which lies untouched by the human disturbances. Look out for the ambush of tigers and herd of elephants playing in the Lake. The principle attraction of the park remains the Periyar Lake, spread in the area of 25sq km surrounding the national park.
2. Elephant ride – When you are at Periyar National Park, a mere sight of the elephant isn't just enough to make your trip worthwhile. Enjoy the elephant ride hitching slowly in his habitat. If you think that's enough the mighty creature will further surprise you with its trunk on your head giving you blessings or you could just enjoy the bath with the elephants in nature's Jacuzzi.
3. Kalari show – Thekkady is full of surprises. When you have had enough of wildlife, it will offer you its culture, rising up your interest again. Kalari or Kalaripayattu is one of the major contributions India has given to the world. Kalari is an ancient form of Martial art which originated in South India and is still a popular art of Kerala. Do not miss this culture coupled with action show, with the stunts that will leave you in awe. Know your history better!
Day 4: Backwaters of Allepey
Check-out the hotel after breakfast and we’ll continue towards Alleppey.
Reach Alleppey in the afternoon and check-in at the Houseboat the boating in backwater and have your meals in the houseboat.
Houseboat experience is unique and in stark contrast with the beauty you have experienced till now. Wading through the backwaters of Kerala is an enriching experience.
Overnight stay in the houseboat.
Day 5: Beach Day at Kovalam
After Breakfast , check out from the houseboat and drive towards Kovalam. Enroute, have a brief stop at Marari beach and take in the sights. This will be the first beach you'll visit on this enchanting journey.
After reaching Kovalam, check into to your hote, Uday Samudra, a beach facing property on the mesmerizing beaches of Kovalam.
Have lunch and get ready to visit Padnabhaswamy temple, a cultural experience of one of the most famous temples of Kerala. Post the visit, come back and just enjoy the enthralling sunset on the beach.
Day 6: Bidding Farewell
Today is just chilling at the beach. Enjoy a sunny day at the beach.
Post lunch, get ready to head to the airport for your flight back to Delhi.
Meal Plan for Hotel : Breakfast
Airport/ Railway Station Transfers
Parking/Toll/ Driver Bata/ Fuel cost
Hotels accommodation on 1 double room basis.
Meals: Daily Breakfast
Transfers and sightseeing in an A/C IndiGO as per the itinerary.
Both way transfer from Airport/Railway Station to hotel with same vehicle.
All applicable taxes
- Any F & B other than those served with specified meals
- Entry fee to monuments, museums, forts, parks, etc.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc.
- Any personal Activities (like boating, elephant ride & Jeep safari)
- Personal expenses, tips, gratuities, etc.
- Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, Political closures, technical faults etc.
- Only non AC rooms are provided in Munnar and Thekkady as they are hill Stations.
- Any other service/s not specified under the section, “Cost Includes”.
Had an awesome time in Kerala with my family thanks to SOL :) The hotels at all the locations were great and the itinerary was very well planned. Thanks for the memories of a lifetime :)
Very good trip overall,. I faced no issues anywhere , either with bookings or cab and cab driver ( highly professional, will bring repeat business).....I just wish hotel rooms were slightly of higher quality!!!! Overall superb arrangements
My 1st trip with u & experience is superb good serice & good feedback all your words is true i give u 10/10 Must visit
It was great for me as the package arranged by shoes on loose and they cooperation was admirable and excellent
I was initially a bit hesitant while booking the package with Shoes on Loose. However, i have made up my mind and booked the package with them. The shoes and loose executives were very supportive and helped in all ways to customize the package according to my needs at a very competitive price. The overall experience with Shoes and Loose and the entire packaging is awesome...... Thanks for the memorable trip.... All the best
Jayantilal Maru Vipul Savla
Best services provided very much satisfied
It was indeed a very good experience.
The Club -Munnar was not good with the services and he also miscalculated Rs.100 extra for food while checking out. The food was not good and the Menu was Handwritten and 1 chicken dish. no other options. Periyar Meadows - Thekkady and House Boat Alleppey was Awesome.
Improve hotel service
Suggested excellent properties. Just a bit disappointed with the world backwaters maybe because all other properties where so good.(suggest you to maybe not give that property for 4-5star customers)
Thank you Ms. Tanya for making our tour fabulous and fantastic. Thank you once again for everything.