Spectacular sunsets, picture perfect tea gardens, serene backwaters won't be enough to define Kerala's beauty as something is best when experienced. Relax in the luxurious Rajadhani houseboat while sailing backwaters in Kumarakom or pamper yourself in the grand rooms of Hotel Karar Garden in Thekkady, anyhow you'll feel the perfect fusion of nature blended with luxury. Breathe in the refreshing air in Munnar or have the ideal beach therapy in Kovalam, Kerala will savour the best travel memories for a lifetime. Embark on our 6 nights/ 7 days Kerala Tour Package curated by our certified travel expert for a group trip and enjoy it with your loved ones.
date_range 6 Nights / 7 Days
Day 1: Arrive at Cochin and Head to Munnar
On Arrival at Cochin, transfer to the Munnar, A beautiful hill station. Munnar is 1800 mts above sea level and also the place of South India’s highest peak (Anamudi - 2695 mtr). On the way visit Valara, Cheeyappara waterfalls & Tea Plantations. On arrival at Munnar transfer to Hotel. Check in at Hotel. Afternoon visit Rajamala (Eravikulam National Park - open as per the directions by the forest authorities ), the best place to see Nilgiri Tahr (Hermitragus Hilarious) - the mountain goat of South India &Tea Museum. Evening have a short visit at Munnar town. You can see the beautiful tea estates like a green paradise. Overnight stay at Munnar.
Day 2: Local sight-seeing in Munnar
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing. Maduppatty dam, Echo Point, Kundalay Dam, Pothenmedu View Point, Blossom Park etc. are some of the highlights of the sightseeing. Overnight stay at Munnar.
NOTE: Eravikulam National Park gets closed during FEB & MAR every year due to breeding period.
TIMINGS FOR VISITING
Eravikulam National Park- Timings 09.00 hrs-16.00 hrs.
Tea Museum: Timings 10:00hrs -16:30 hrs.
Mattuppetty Dam Timings: 09:30 hrs. - 15:00 hrs.
Day 3: Head to Thekkady (3 - 4 hrs. Journey)
After an early breakfast, check out of the hotel and drive to Thekkday. Upon arrival there, check intothe hotel and have lunch (personal expense).In the afternoon, proceed for a boat cruise at Periyar
Lake in Thekkday (Direct payment), which is synonymous with wildlife and nature treks. Later in the evening, visit the theatre (non air- conditioned) to have a firsthand experience of arts and crafts through the traditional Kalari Show. After that, you can either shop in the local market or opt for an Elephant ride (on direct payment basis) in the evening. Return to the hotel in the evening.
1. Periyar National Park- Periyar National Park is the most important reserve of Southern India which is an important Tiger and Elephant habitat. Rich in flora and fauna, the national park is a feast for all those who love nature and wildlife more than people. Enjoy a walk in the nature bliss which lies untouched by the human disturbances. Look out for the ambush of tigers and herd of elephants playing in the lake. It could be a sight that you will behold in your heart for a long time. The principle attraction of the national remains the Periyar Lake spread in the area of 25sq km that surrounds the national park. This is where you can enjoy the elephants playing in the water or the tigers on the bank quenching their thirst.
2. Elephant ride- When you are at Periyar National Park, a mere sight of the elephant isn't just enough to make your trip worthwhile. Enjoy the elephant ride hitching slowly in his habitat. If you think that's enough the mighty creature will further surprise you with its Trunk on your head giving you blessings or you could just enjoy the bath with the elephants in nature's Jacuzzi.
3. Kalari show- Thekkday is full of surprises. When you have had enough of wildlife, it will offer you its culture, rising up your interest again. Kalari or Kalaripayattu is one of the major contributions India has given to the world. Kalari is an ancient form of Martial art which originated in South India and is still a popular art of Kerala. Do not miss this culture.
Day 4: Head to Alleppey (3 - 4 hrs. Journey)
Check-out the hotel after breakfast and we’ll continue towards Alleppey. Reach Alleppey in the afternoon and check-in at the Houseboat. Enjoy the boating in backwater and have your Lunch and Dinner in the houseboat. Overnight stay in the Houseboat.
Day 5: Head to Kovalam (4 - 5 hrs. Journey)
Have a scrumptious breakfast served at the houseboat. Check out and we’ll continue our journey to Kovalam. Enroute take halt at Trivandrum to fill your appetite at a good restaurant. Now we’ll head to visit Napier Museum and zoological park – enjoy a walk through the lush green zoo (Closed on Mondays). Reach Kovalam in the evening. Check-in at the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 6: Day Trip to Kanyakumari
After breakfast, enjoy the day excursion tour of Kanyakumari – the southernmost tip of Indian sub-
continent with three major sea joints together (Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal). On the way back you can visit Padmanabhapuram palace – an architecture wonder with aesthetics and complicated wooden works.
Spend your time exploring the beaches including Hawa beach, Light beach and some local places.
Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7: Drop at Trivandrum Airport
After breakfast check out your hotel at Kovalam and Proceed towards Trivandrum Airport /Railway Station to board a flight.
Meal Plan for Hotel: Breakfast
Houseboat Stay : Private Houseboat
Meal Plan for Houseboat : All Meals
Airport/ Railway Station Transfers
Parking/Toll/ Driver Bata/ Fuel cost
Welcome Drink on Arrival.
Hotels accommodation on 01 dbl room.
Meals: Daily Breakfast.
Transfers and sightseeing in an A/C Indigo / similar as per the itinerary.
Both way transfer from Airport/Railway Station to the hotel with the same vehicle.
All applicable taxes
CP Means: (Room + Breakfast).
Toll Tax, Parking, driver Bata, night charge and tax)
- Any F & B other than those served with specified meals
- Entry fee to monuments, museums, forts, parks, etc.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc.
- Any personal Activities (like boating, elephant ride & Jeep safari)
- Personal expenses, tips, gratuities, etc.
- Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, Political closures, technical faults etc.
- Only non AC rooms are provided in Munnar and Thekkady as they are hill Stations.
- Any other service/s not specified under the section, “Cost Includes”.
Had an awesome time in Kerala with my family thanks to SOL :) The hotels at all the locations were great and the itinerary was very well planned. Thanks for the memories of a lifetime :)
Very good trip overall,. I faced no issues anywhere , either with bookings or cab and cab driver ( highly professional, will bring repeat business).....I just wish hotel rooms were slightly of higher quality!!!! Overall superb arrangements
My 1st trip with u & experience is superb good serice & good feedback all your words is true i give u 10/10 Must visit
It was great for me as the package arranged by shoes on loose and they cooperation was admirable and excellent
I was initially a bit hesitant while booking the package with Shoes on Loose. However, i have made up my mind and booked the package with them. The shoes and loose executives were very supportive and helped in all ways to customize the package according to my needs at a very competitive price. The overall experience with Shoes and Loose and the entire packaging is awesome...... Thanks for the memorable trip.... All the best
Jayantilal Maru Vipul Savla
Best services provided very much satisfied
It was indeed a very good experience.
The Club -Munnar was not good with the services and he also miscalculated Rs.100 extra for food while checking out. The food was not good and the Menu was Handwritten and 1 chicken dish. no other options. Periyar Meadows - Thekkady and House Boat Alleppey was Awesome.
Improve hotel service
Suggested excellent properties. Just a bit disappointed with the world backwaters maybe because all other properties where so good.(suggest you to maybe not give that property for 4-5star customers)
Thank you Ms. Tanya for making our tour fabulous and fantastic. Thank you once again for everything.