12 Travel Destinations To Travel In 12 Months Of The Year In India
Once a year go someplace you have never seen before, said, Dalai Lama. But, why just once a year when you can travel every month to a new place to explore how beautiful the country is truly. Every month, every season brings a new color to the different destinations of India. For someone who doesn't stop by the constraint of time and season, every weekend, every month is an opportunity for him to travel to new tourist destinations. If this year, you have already put on your bucket list to travel as much as you can, here is something that might add to it.A list of places to visit each month in India. 12 months and 12 destinations. Go travel!
1. January- Gulmarg, Jammu and KashmirThe snowfall that starts in the winter months leaves a beautiful look on the Gulmarg valley, completely covered in snow. Which opens your way to enjoy the famous Gondola ride, ski down the slopes of the valley, enjoy the unforeseen snowfall and the freezing cold to begin your new year with. Gulmarg is the perfect travel destination to begin your year with.
2. February- GoaFebruary is the time in Goa where you can enjoy the vibrant Goa carnival which gives Goa a different identity apart from the beach and booze. Sure, the beaches look fresh and booze is never out of this place, if the Goa carnival is added to the list, nothing can beat the fun in Goa. And the beaches and sea are always a delight in Goa, no matter which month it is!
3. March- Andaman and Nicobar islandsMarch in the islands of Andaman and Nicobar will wish you with the pleasing temperature of 20 degrees. The sun is brilliant and warm and the sea is serene. It is the best time of the year to begin your summers with a pinch of adventure sports such as scuba diving, swimming, glass boat ride, snorkeling which are quite popular in this part of India during March when the weather is splendid.
4. April – Manali, Himachal PradeshApril is the time when hill stations begin to put off their ice blankets and wears and a pleasant weather. For all those who are on the lookout for adventure, Manali is the place you should go to! From trekking, river rafting to paragliding and many more enthralling activities the rush never ends. Moreover, in the fourth month of the year, there are no chills in the wind and neither there is the bright sun. The weather is just perfect for a relaxing vacation.
5. May- Leh, Jammu & KashmirDon’t you just want to escape away from the scorching heat to a pleasant hill station in May? It is that sacred month of the year when the Rohtang pass opens for the bike riders giving them a chance to go for the Leh road trip driving their bikes thousands of miles into the paradise of Leh and Ladakh. Pangong lake adds on to its colors looking vibrant and colorful as ever, where you can take your bikes, pitch your tents and enjoy the chills and fresh breeze in the summertime.
6. June- Rishikesh, UttarakhandWhat's the better way to beat the heat of summers if not the fresh waters of the Ganges flowing from the glaciers? Rishikesh in the month of June looks best. Not just for the scenic beauty, but also for the tons of adventure sports that you can enjoy here in the month of June. Flying fox, rafting, Bungee camping and camping in the forest and beachside. You will see a lot of young crowd in Rishikesh in the month of June making your trip even exciting.
7. July- Munnar, KeralaThe monsoon that begins to beautify south Indian places from the month of June makes it a good destination to travel to in July. The rain showers that drench the tea gardens of Munnar make it look greener and beautiful as ever. July is also the month when a lot of people don't choose to travel because of the rainy season, which again makes Munnar a great choice and best time to visit because this is when you can escape the tourist crowd and explore the true beauty of the Munnar tea estates. There is a bit of romance and aroma of tea leaves in the air that will leave you speechless.
8. August-Valley of flowers, UttarakhandA week-long trek that takes you to the colorful and beautiful valley of flowers is where you should be headed in August. This is the time when you can find an infinite number of flowers popping up in every corner of the city. Just when the rains make it look even brighter. And look out for the rainbow in the sky as well. August is the best time to go for this trek which is filled with adventure, beauty, mountains and a great escape for the sol travellers as well.
9. September- Jaipur, RajasthanIn the month of September when the winters begin to approach the country giving it a perfect blend of summers and winters, Jaipur is left with a warm sunlight, the awesome sunset and a drop in the temperature at night for you to get the best experience of the pink city. You can explore history with a number of UNESCO world heritage sites in Jaipur. Not just Jaipur you can take you trip further of Udaipur, Jaisalmer, and Amer in the month of September.
10. October- Darjeeling, West BengalWhy choose the month of October to visit Darjeeling? Number one, it is that time of the year when you get to experience the cultural fest of Durga Pooja in West Bengal. The whole state is adorned with lights and festival spirit. Number two, the winters begins with the month of October and you can welcome them with the serenity of hills in Darjeeling and places around in the North-east.
11. November- Coorg, KarnatakaThe Scotland of East, Coorg is beautiful and less populated hill town of South India known for its panoramic view of the hills of Western Ghats. Raja's seat is the most famous destination to enjoy the real beauty of the green hills. Also, Coorg is known for its coffee plantations, hence, you can also enjoy a tour of the aromatic coffee fields of Coorg and a stay at the cottage will make your trip just perfect.
12. December- Alsisar, RajasthanIf you are planning to conclude your year with the crazy party experience then Alsisar is a unique place to visit in India in December which is the hosting place for the famous three-day music festival of Magnetic fields. The Alsisar palace located in the remote desert regions of Rajasthan, which is turned into a party destination is a perfect place to enjoy music, deserts, winters, and drinks. Not just that, the stay is arranged at a camp located just outside the palace makes this even more of an experience.
The 'Other' beach destination of India, Kerala down south too offers one hell of a sunset view that should definitely not be missed.... know more