10 Best Weekend Getaways From Jaipur
After a hectic week at work, what a person need the most is some quality time with his family and friends. A trip where you can relax and rejuvenate and live some moments of joy which you can cherish for years can hurt nobody. Jaipur, itself is a beautiful city to roam around, embracing the great royal architecture. It has numerous concealed pearls around, the wildlife parks and bird sanctuaries close to Jaipur will captivate the naturalist. The historic cities like Delhi and Agra are a treat for the history buffs. Let’s check out some of the following places around Jaipur that are ideal for a weekend getaway.
Note: Click here to see the complete list of weekend getaways from Jaipur
1. Jaipur to AgraSituated on a stretch of 243 kilometers from Jaipur, Agra is located on the banks of Yamuna and showcases one of the best architecture and historic excellence of India. Being a former capital of Lodhi and Mughal Empire, the illustrious glory of their masterpieces can be seen all around the city. Taj Mahal- the epitome of love, is a must visit. The beauty of this place speaks for itself. UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri will surely make your trip worthwhile. Imagine the number of pictures you can click with these monuments as the background!
2. Jaipur to DelhiDelhi is undoubtedly one of the best weekend getaways from Jaipur. Only 267 km from Jaipur, the city has a variety of touring alternatives. From long romantic walks in the Garden of Five Senses to visiting the archaeological sites, the capital city of India has everything to offer. If you are here for the major attractions, don’t miss out on a visit India Gate, Parliament House, Rashtrapati Bhawan, Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, Rajghat, Red Fort and some more. Also, you cannot miss on the street food that the city has to offer. If you want to have a fun time, then Delhi also has various place you can go to party.
3. Jaipur to AjmerPeople come here to seek blessings from the famous Dargah of Khwaja Gharib Nawaz, situated at a distance of just 135 km from Jaipur. It is popularly known as Ajmer Sharif Dargah. Visited by the devotees of both Muslim and Hindu beliefs, this is a very popular pilgrimage site in India. Being in Ajmer, one can also visit Akbar’s Palace & Museum, Ana Sagar Lake, Roopangarh Fort, and Taragarh Fort. Also, be extremely careful with your belongings as we've heard one or two incidents of pick-pocketing.
4. Jaipur to RanthamboreRanthambore is the ultimate celestial city for all the wildlife lovers. Situated at a distance of 167 km from Jaipur, Ranthambore is most renowned for its majestic tigers. Located near the town of Swami Madhopur in Rajasthan, it is the former hunting ground for the maharajas and aristocrats of the city of Jaipur. The mesmerizing green landscape and a heart-wrenching variety of animals and birds make it a perfect destination to spend your vacation amidst serenity. Take the route from Tonk to get the roads with better condition.
5. Jaipur to BharatpurIf you are planning your trip between October to February, then Bharatpur should definitely be on your traveling list. Just at a mere distance of 187km from Jaipur, a trip to Bharatpur can make you witness a variety of migratory birds from Siberia and central Asia like Cranes, Pelicans, Geese, Shanks, Stints, Wagtails, Warblers etc. covered in the dense shades of deciduous forests, the Bharatpur bird sanctuary offers one of the best safari tours in India.
6. Jaipur to JodhpurVisit the Blue city of India to experience the royal residences radiating the aura of a royal state, which is at a distance of 337 km from Jaipur. The city has spectacular forts, grand royal palaces, and beautiful gardens. The biggest attraction of this city is the Mehrangarh Fort. One can also visit, Umaid Bhawan, The Grand Royal Palace, Umed Garden, Balsamand Lake and Palace, Mandor, and Rai-ka-Bag Palace. Travel back in history and feel the royal vibes when in Jodhpur.
7. Jaipur to SariskaSariska National Park which was earlier known as Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary is located at a distance of 113 km from Jaipur in Alwar district of Rajasthan. The place is declared as a tiger reserve, so you can expect to have a glimpse of this royal animal. The Sariska Palace was once built as a royal hunting lodge, which is located on the edge of this national park. One can also expect to see animals like the golden jackal, hyena, leopard, tiger, and birds like golden back, kingfisher and woodpecker.
8. Jaipur to PushkarIf you want to see the best of this city, then plan your holidays between the months of October and November, to attend the Pushkar Fair. Situated at a short distance of 145 km from the Pink City, Pushkar is very famous among the foreigners. You'll be able to spot street vendors communicating in English. Visit the famous Brahma Temple, devoted to Lord Brahma. All the temples in Pushkar are worth visiting. Explore the market of Pushkar or go camel riding on the wide stretched desert of Pushkar. The cafes in Pushkar serve food you can die for. Be ready to come back to Jaipur with some extra weight. You can also consider going to this place around the Holi festival. Nobody plays Holi like the locals of Pushkar!
9. Jaipur to MathuraThe birthplace of Sri Krishna, the savior of the world, Mathura is located only 224 km from Jaipur and if you start your journey early in the morning you can reach here within 4 to 5 hours. One of the very revered pilgrimage sites in India, you can visit the jail where Lord Krishna was born and his parents were prisoners. The grand palace like temple turns out to be a destination of ultimate peace. Also visit the Krishna-Balaram Temple, Dvarkadhish Temple, Gita Mandir, Vishram Ghat and some more.
10. Jaipur to GwaliorFlock to the best attractions of central India in a short time span, Gwalior is the best option for weekend trips from Jaipur. It is about 320 KM from Jaipur and the journey takes about 6–7 hours. The people get the opportunity to watch the illustrious monuments of old India adorning the city. The gigantic Gwalior Fort located on the sub-ranges of Vindhya Mountain is a fascinating element to witness in Gwalior.The people of Jaipur are in for a treat with places so near to their city. If you've been wanting a nice vacation since forever, travel to one of the cities listed above. We guarantee you'll be satisfied and your trips near Jaipur will be worthwhile.
Jodhpur is the blue land of Bazaars, Food and Heritage! As an addition, The city is also called the 'sun city' as it recieves the first rays... know more